THE SECOND SMESTER TEST (GRADE 10) (2012-2013)
Time allowed : 60 minutes
Vào đây để xem đáp án: http://vuihoc24h.vn/baiviet/13937-Da...1664#post21664
I. Choose the word that the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest
1. A. news B. delights C. feeling D. songs
2. A. parked B. watched C. stopped D. endangered
II. Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the other.
1. A. species B. threaten C. device D. toxic
2. A. recognize B. establish C. variety D. abandon
III. Give the correct form of word in bracket.
1. Tien Quan Ca, which is Vietnamese _________ anthem, was written by Van Cao in 1944 (nation)
2. She is beautiful with a ___________ smile. (fascinate)
3. Everyone just sits in front of the television for ______ . ( entertain)
4. The children can’t go to sleep on Christmas Eve. They are so _______ . (excite)
5. Some marine animals are swimming animals such as fishes and sharks that move ______ of water currents. (dependent)
IV. Fill in the each blank with the appropriate preposition.
1. These classes is different ______ other classes because the students are disabled.
2. New York is famous _____ its skyscrapers.
3. She is always proud ________ her daughter.
4. I’m depending _________ you to finish this work for me.
V. Choose the best option (A,B,C,D)
1. We usually call a person in a film is ______________
A. Film maker B. character C. director D. star
2. Trinh Cong Son is one of the most well-known ______ in Viet Nam
A. Actors B. authors C. musicians D. writers
3. This lovely piece of music was _______ by Mozart.
A. Invented B. created C. discovered D. composed
4. Due to an increase in populations and the use of nearby land for farming, there are toxic levels of chemicals in the water.
A. Poisonous B. waste C. dangerous D. threatening
5. There’s a love story in that film, and it’s very funny. I suppose you’d call it a ________
A. Thriller B. detective film C. romantic comedy D. horror film
A: ______________(6)_________________ ?
B: Yes, I do
A: _______________(7)________________ ?
B: It’s Girl Generations. I love the way they dance. How fantastic!
B: Every night before I go to bed.
6. A. Do you often listen to music?
B. How often do you listen to music?
C. How do you like music?
D. Are you often listening to music?
7. A. Who’s your favorite band?
B. What’s your favorite band?
C. Which is your best band?
D. What band you like best?
8. A. How long do you listen to music ?
B. What time do you listen to music?
C. When do you listen to music?
D. What do you listen to music for?
VI. Give the correct tenses or form of verbs.
1. My son (study) ___________ English for an hour every night.
2. Columbus (discover) ___________ America 500 years ago.
3. If he had taken his parents’ advice, he ( not, fail) _________ the final exam.
4. We (learn) _______ English at this time last week.
5. Angelina Jolie is a famous actress. She (appear) _________ in several films.
6. By the time Mary got back, he (go) ________ home.
VII. Rewrite the following sentences, beginning with words provided or as directed.
1. They will build the new house at the corner of the street.
>>> The new house __________________________________________________ __.
2. My secretary didn’t type the letters yesterday.
>>>The letters __________________________________________________ _______.
3. They have tried much recently because they want to get good result in the final exam. ( Rewrite the sentence by using to infinitive)
4. My brother didn’t go to school until he was 7 years old.
>>>It was not until __________________________________________________ ___.
5. Jack didn’t go to the cinema last night with me because he had much homework to do.
>>>Unless __________________________________________________ _________.
6. Students often ask their teachers some questions to understand their lesson more. ( Make a question for the underlined words)
7. I have studied English in this language center for 2 years. ( Make a question for the underlined words)
VIII. Make complete sentences, using the suggested words.
1. Yesterday/ he / go/ library/ borrow books
2. We/ live/ here/ we/ leave/ school/1983
IX. Read the passage carefully and decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F).
Music is universal. It is produced by all cultures. Some scientists believe that music came from speech and arose as a development of mating calls. In fact, there is one theory that the earliest languages were chanted or sung rather than spoken. Indeed, in some cultures, music is a form of recording history. The Aboriginal Australian, for example, use music as a means to tell stories of the land and spirits to the next generations.
New evidence suggests that music doesn’t just satisfy the feel-good factor but it is also good for the brain. A study of intellectually disabled children showed that they could recall more information after it was given to them in a song than after it was read to them as a story.
Researchers also report that people score better on a standard intelligence test after listening to Mozart. The so-called “Mozart magic” has also been supported by findings that rats brought up on Mozart run faster through a complex network of paths or passages, known as a maze. Overall, it seems that in most instances people suffer from any form of metal illness benefit from listening to music.
1. In some cultures, music is a form of recording history.
2. The Aboriginal Australians use music as a means to tell stories of the land and spirits to the next generations.
3. The phrase “intellectual disabled children” in second paragraph is closest meaning to “children who cannot work hard with their body”
4. The so- called “Mozart magic” has also been supported by findings that rats brought up on Mozart run more slowly through a complex network of paths or passages, known as a maze.
THE END OF THE TEST
Bài viết thật bổ ích, bạn hãy bấm thích và chia sẻ bài viết này cho bạn bè cùng xem nào
Các bài viết liên quan: